New goals strike the New Year

“I take my New Year’s resolutions very seriously, 100 percent very seriously,” junior Everett Latimer said. 
Students opinions vary when it comes to the impact of New Year’s resolutions. 
“I really don’t think New Year’s resolutions are too big of a deal,” sophomore Devin Russell said. “I think people can take a dramatic change at any point of their life.” 
Resolutions vary depending on the life of each individual student. 
“A lot of my friends told me when you set New Year’s resolutions, it’s a way to figure out what you want to do and become within your next year,” freshman Hannah Lawson said. 
Besides all the talk on resolutions, simple goals are also used in these students lives.
“I set goals pretty regularly: it always gives me something to look forward to or look to do, so I always feel like I’m doing something that’s useful,” Latimer said. 
Relieving feelings occur for some students during the completion of goals or resolutions.
“Goals to me are mostly a way to the finish line. If you’re racing you just have seven steps to get there, and by time you get there it’s like, whew, I made it,” Lawson said. 
Students believe goals and milestones help the process of life. 
“I wouldn’t be as prepared for the stuff that I like now. Like if I didn’t choose to be a better singer, then I’d probably be way worse than I am now,” Lawson said. 
The purpose of a goal depends on the person who sets it. They can motivate and change the lives of people.
“You can set goals to really improve your life, such as running more often, working out, then there are other minor goals that can just give you something to do,” Latimer said.
People all have differing reasons as to why they may change something in their lives.
“I really don’t think New Year’s resolutions are too big of a deal because I think people can take a dramatic change at any point of their life,” Russell said.