The student newspaper of Augusta High School

The Oriole

The Oriole

The Oriole

Brown and Brown

Brothers make a return to the court
Ericson+Brown+teaching+business+finance.+
Landon Riggs
Ericson Brown teaching business finance.

Sports have gone through changes recently as new coaches were hired. Basketball saw the most changes as four coaches left during the past few years. 

Two Augusta brothers found a home as coaches for their high school. Business teacher and 2020 graduate Ericson Brown and older brother 2018 graduate Easton Brown, set to coach JV and C Team basketball.

“I came into the school to apply for a job to be a middle school basketball coach. While I was there, I kind of fell into an offer being a long-term sub, and so now I’m here teaching business,” Ericson said. 

Being a teacher was always an option for Easton. As soon as he saw the opportunity, he took it, as his brother Ericson followed in his footsteps.

“I originally went to school for sports management, and through that, I realized that I liked sports but didn’t want to work in sports,” Easton said. “My calling has always been working with people one way or another.” 

The brothers are equally passionate about their jobs and both constantly look for room to improve. 

“As the C-team coach, I’m responsible for improving our players, and especially improving the skills that aren’t related to basketball; becoming a better man and gaining skills on and off the court,” Ericson said. 

Ericson and Easton both share the same views on improving the lifestyle and character of each player. 

“It’s easy to say win state, but really, it’s about playing to our full potential and being the best people while doing it,” Easton said. 

Ericson and Easton are fresh into their careers, as Easton joined in 2022, while Ericson joined in 2023.