The student newspaper of Augusta High School

The Oriole

The Oriole

The Oriole

Four twins take the court

Photo by Aspen Mcgruder

When the girls basketball team walks onto the court, fans see double and double because two sets of twins play for the Orioles.

Twins Emma and Ella Bourm join Augusta this year for the 2024 girls basketball season. They attended a private homeschool before transferring. Sophomores Ragan and Rylee Pfeifer, shared what it is like to play with another set of twins. 

“I really like playing with the Bourm twins because we all do stuff together,” Ragan said. “It’s super fun.”

Adversity is never avoidable when playing sports, although Ragan and Rylee have always been able to overcome it. 

“We never have any problems but sometimes we get mad at each other, especially in tennis,” Rylee said. “We’re usually able to put it aside for basketball.”

Being twins can have its ups and downs. Emma has enjoyed her experience playing with the Pfeifer twins. 

“I think it’s really interesting playing with another set of twins,” Emma said. “It’s nice to have people that you can relate to.” 

Emma strives to take her talents to college and attend medical school.

“If I can’t play at the next level, I want to go to medical school,” Emma said. 

The unusual schedule of homeschool allows Emma and Ella to train during the morning, and go to their Spanish and Algebra 2 classes. 

“We started playing the sport the day we could walk,” Ella said. “It seems like we didn’t have a choice.” 

The girls learned how to work with each other and both agree it adds a lot of fun to the sport itself.