The student newspaper of Augusta High School

The Oriole

The Oriole

The Oriole

New album shows artist’s immense potential

Graphic by Isaac Basquez

2023 has been a great year for albums and Jordan Ward is keeping the streak of good music alive. 

R&B artist Jordan Ward released his second full-length project “FORWARD” on March 3, 2023. This album is 30 minutes long with 14 songs. It is full of groovy guitar and melodic synth chords. This is the kind of album I would put on during a picnic in the park in the middle of spring. The vibe of these songs is something I want to feel all the time. 

One of my favorite tracks on this album is “FAMJAM400.” The use of the electronic synthesizer for the melody is what fills this song with energy. The chords are pleasing to my ears when mixed together with Ward’s laid back vocals.

Another stand out song is “WHITE CROCS”. This song is one of the most feel-good songs I have ever listened to. Ward’s flow on this song transports the listener into another headspace. The featured artist, Ryan Trey, spits a nice little verse that completes the song.

Often during the choruses of his songs, he layers his voice recordings on top of each other. This effect creates the sound of an emulated choir that makes me bop my head through the chorus. Ward uses this effect in many of his songs, and it is one of my favorite production methods. 

Ward shows off his incredible skill, even though this is just the start for him. If he was a stock, I would invest now because Ward has immense potential. 

Overall, this album is really fun and I am excited to see what comes next for Ward. Because of the high energy of this album I give it 4 out of 5 stars.