Shelite earns secondary teacher of the year

TiAna Arnn

Mrs.Shelite is walking with Sophmore Lideah Moreland on their wellness walk. Meanwhile they are talking about paper airplanes getting stuck in the selling.

Walking into the class, she is always there to greet students with a smile on her face. She is always there if they need help. She is always in a good mood and will brighten everyones days.

Oct. 27 art teacher Audra Shelite was named Augusta’s Teacher of the year and on Nov. 8 Shelite was recognized at the schools board meeting.

Secondary teacher of the year, Shelite, is an influence on her students. 

Art teacher Mrs. Sheltie tells her 4B sophmore AVID class about their semester final project. Their semester final is a career map that will show them how they are going to accomplish the carrer they want to do. (TiAna Arnn )

“I think it’s nice to know that hard work is appreciated and to know that I’m making an impact on students,” Shelite said. 

Shelite had some mixed feelings about her secondary teacher of the year recognition. 

“I was honored and a little bit surprised,” Sheltie said. “I know I have been nominated before.”

Shelite has been a teacher at Augusta High School for 14 years, and over the years she has realized how her students work best. 

“The kids in my class learn best by hands on,” Shelite said. 

Teachers interact with their students in a lot of different ways. 

“I try to have a positive mindset and a growth mindset and try to give lots of feedback,” Shelite said.